You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spring Break 2011

The kids and I had a fairly low key spring break this year.  In the past I have really planned and had activities everyday.  This year we just did two major things then hung out and did stuff around the house for the rest of the days.  Jack was very happy to have a break from school and Bella was really anxious to get back.  Sophie was happy to have them home, but annoyed her routine changed at the same time.  I remember the first few weeks of summer are always hard because we have to get used to a new routine and all being together again. 

Anyway, we went to the Discovery Childrens Museum at the Gateway on Tuesday.  It wasn't too busy because it was only spring break in Utah County. 
It also happened to be free scoop day at Ben and Jerry's.  So after lunch we walked over and each got a free scoop.  Everyone managed to eat their ice cream with minimal mess and nobody dropped their cone.
After the ice cream we walked over to Dick's to see if I could find some new flip flops.  I bought a pair there six or seven years ago that I love and have never been able to find the same style again.  And now I am only wearing flip flops, so I really need a comfy pair.  They had those, along with some shoes for Jack-the kids goes through shoes like crazy.  And each girl bought a bouncy ball. We also picked up a batting helmet for baseball season.  It was an expensive stop.  After that we were all ready to get home and I was really ready to sit for a while.

On Friday we went to the zoo with the Worthington's. We also ran into the Strongo's from the neighborhood.  Six kids and two pregnant ladies were pretty funny navigating some of the hills.  All the kids managed to get on animals on the carousel that moved this time.  Last time Jack picked a stationary animal and didn't realize until it was too late.

The tigers were surprisingly active and we watched those for a long time.  The kids also really liked seeing the peacock spread it's plume. The giraffe's were also pretty entertaining.  One really wanted out and was craning to get outside.  As we were leaving we saw a sign that said they were purposefully being kept apart due to a bit of spring fever. 

It was nice after lunch to sit and let the kids play on the play ground.  The day ended up being really nice and we all had a great time.

So not an action packed week, but enough to wear me out and the kids had the rest of the days playing with friends and helping around the house.

2 comments:

Terry and Alice said...

You are such a fun mom Jill. You always have such fun things planned for those kids. Sounds like there are a lot of neat things to do up there.

Marsha said...

I thought the big xylophone looked really fun and the horse. There have been people on the side of the road down here selling fake animals like that painted black. I thought I would like to have one since I am scared to ride a real one. It would be a nice addition to our yard when we get it fixed. If you are looking for ways to organize your summer (Althought I know you don't need help in that area)check out my book on www.ldsfree99.com Only $.99