You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Monday, April 4, 2011

My Little Companion

Sophie gets to tag along all sorts of fun places with me.  Despite her generally crazy disposition at home, she behaves well in public (knock on wood).  She has come to all my doctors appointments thus far, is always at the store with me, and numerous fabric stores and places where she can't touch anything.  She does a good job. I am so grateful she and I have had the past few years to be together alone and really enjoy one another.  Her life is going to change in a few months in ways she isn't aware of, and although I am sure she won't remember all the time we spent running errands, playing, having little dates and treats, I will, and she can read all about it later.  Last Wednesday I had a doctor's appointment, then general auxiliary training downtown in Salt Lake.  Sophie loves wearing dresses, she asks to wear one every day!


  So I got her all dressed up and we headed out.  She is always full of questions at the doctors office, but refuses to ask him any of them.  Then we had a little picnic and headed to temple square.  Our meeting was in the tabernacle, and we sat up in the balcony and she colored and ate M&M's while I listened to the General Relief Society Presidency.  She was really good!  We left a little early because she had to go to the bathroom and I was getting quite swollen sitting on the tiny benches in the tabernacle-the pioneers must have been tiny!  It was a nice day together and I am so grateful that Sophie is my daughter.  She is often challenging and always busy, and you always know where you stand with her.  But she is always happy and straightforward and spicy!

4 comments:

Marsha said...

Precious Sophie, she is just a public little girl and she has such a gorgeous smile. She looks a little like Bella and my sister, Nancey's little girl pictures mixed. I can't wait to see and get one of her big hugs that she metes out very carefully. They are worth waiting for.

Marsha said...

Oh Yah, I went to conference once and we sat in the balcony of the assembly hall next to the tabernacle. There was no room whatever to put knees straight forward, we had to actually sit sideways and it was very uncomfortable. I cannot even imagine being pregnant and sitting like that for more than an hour.

Grandma Goo said...

What a little lady we have here! I do love that girl and can't wait to see her again. Did you get that dress at Costco? I almost bought her one the other day there, they are so cute. Love the princess Leia hair do! The Goo

The Gardner Family said...

LOVE the 3 year olds!! She is soooo beautiful in these pictures! And always! Great post! :)