On the 22nd Jack turned 11 years old. It was a busy week for him, so we opened presents and went to birthday dinner the night before.
Jack got a lot of fun things, but the best thing in my opinion was a football card holder that Isabella made out of scrapbook paper. She just wanted to make him something he would really like for his birthday and did it without any prompting or help. I love the fact that they are great friends. They have always gotten along so well together. Jack also got a sleeping bag, some legos, new scout stuff, and some deodorant as a hint from me. He thinks that's way funny. He had a baseball game, then wanted to go to Chuck-a-Rama (why?!?) then we came home and opened presents. So he didn't even get to play with anything he got that night.
On Friday, his actual birthday, he got to go on his first camp out with the eleven-year old scouts. I was fairly nervous, just because it being the first time and him being so new. But he had a fabulous time and told us all sorts of crazy stories. Hopefully he will keep giving us the details! They are fun and crazy to hear at the same time.
I made the whole group pose for pictures. They are all smiling because instead of saying cheese I had them say-whoa what a big belly you have. Anyway, he can't wait for all the fun scouting stuff he gets to do this year and I am excited for him. I think I will be less nervous next time now that I know what to expect. And he will probably not take quite as much stuff, because I really don't want to wash all that stuff again!
We didn't even eat birthday cake together or blow out candles. Jack seemed okay with all of that-which is what counts. In the past it's usually Sophie's birthday that gets all changed around and the spring ones work out just fine. But now we will have three kids with spring birthdays and I imagine they will just get more busy. I have great hope that I won't be in the hospital on Bella's birthday this year, but there is a chance that I will, I am getting all organized so my mom and Nate can really make it fun for her if I don't make it.
F Family
7 years ago


1 comment:
Can't wait to see you all! Wish I could have been there for Jacks birthday. It will be fun to be there to see him open his stuff. Then Bella and the a new baby!Love you all, The GOO
Post a Comment