She's here! Sophie Evangeline was born on Wednesday the 26th! She came weighing 7 pounds 9 ounces and 19 inches long. Smaller than my older two-which I think is strange, but I'll take it. She's sweet and adorable and everyone here just really really likes her! We came home from the hospital on Friday and have had a good transition coming home. My mom is here-she got here Tuesday night-and is really helping out and doing a ton of stuff. She and I and Bella went to my doctors appointment Wednesday and I told him I thought things were beginning. He kind of laughed and told me to make an appointment for next week any way, just in case. Well, we left from the doc's and went to IKEA to shop and next thing I know, I am having contractions every five minutes or so. I figured they would stop if we ate lunch, they didn't. So I had my mom bring me home, we tried to call Nate on the way using her OnStar-and it didn't understand me! I couldn't believe it, it kept giving me instruction to say his number then it would repeat it back differently that what I said. It is comical now-but at the time I felt a bit panicked I must say. Luckily he was home when we got here. He was going to leave in about 10 minutes. But I changed his plans for the day and instead had him take me up to the hospital while my mom and Bella stayed behind waiting for Jack to get home. We got to the hospital at about 3:30 and I was already at a 7! Yikes! But there is relief in knowing you won't get sent home! So we were there just over two hours before she was born. I know it sounds fast in hindsight, but at the time, everything felt like it was moving very slow. So far, we have had smooth sailing. I am still a bit loopy from my pain meds-so I am sure this whole post seems scattered, but such will be my brain for a bit I am sure! I feel so blessed and so amazingly lucky to have this new little girl. She is so sweet and I can't believe how in love with her I am. I can never express how thankful I am for my little family and how much they mean to me. I can't imagine that I have ever done anything to deserve a sweet husband like Nate who takes such good care of us all, a dear son like Jack who is my constant helper and example, and sweet daughter like Bella who just wants to let everyone know she will be their friend, and our new little Sophie who has us all mesmerized!
F Family
7 years ago


3 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so excited for you guys! I love the name Sophie. She is beautiful...I love all her dark hair. Can't wait to meet her. I hope you are doing well.
congrats! cute name. i'm a big fan.
Jill she really is a beautiful baby. You are so luck to have an easy birth, I can only hope I have those genetics!
Post a Comment