Sophie is such a sweet baby. She really doesn't get too upset about anything. She is calm and pleasant and just likes to hang out with all of us all day long. She doesn't get put down too often. Even though she doesn't sleep much at night, she is so pleasant while she is awake. And being that my mom is still here, I get a pretty good nap daily and am not feeling the exhaustion of it all yet.
We have been so blessed and taken care of by our ward and neighbors. We have been brought so many delicious meals and so many cute gifts. Nate's fellow coaches even sent some cute outfits and a bouncy seat! It has been so nice and everything has really given me an opportunity to just hold the baby and focus on her. I realize those days are short, before I know it she will be up and about, so it has been lovely to just hold her and get to know her.
We had parent teacher conferences for Jack yesterday. They went really well, he is doing really well, he has 100% on everything they have done so far. He really loves school and has a great attitude about everything they do. His teacher seems like she is enjoying her first year teaching. And she seems to not have any drama in her life, which is nice. His kindergarten teacher was great,but distracted by her wedding a lot of the year. And I also liked his first grade teacher as well, but she had a really difficult year in her personal life. So I am hoping this year will be all in all uneventful.
Nate met us at the conference with his glasses covered in tape. A kid punted a football and he was talking to another kid and got clocked. His glasses are totally destroyed. I thought he was joking at first because they had a football banquet they spotlighted the coaches at. I figured it was a joke about him being a computer programmer. But no joke and we will be off this weekend to get some new glasses. He has needed a new exam so it's really not too bad. He did have a few cuts around his eye as well, but no permanent damage.


2 comments:
She is so sweet! I still need to figure a time to visit. This week got away from me somehow.
I'm glad to hear that everything is going well and Sophie is such a sweetheart. There's nothing like having Grandma there to help, though.
Post a Comment