You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Busy Thursday!

Thursday seems to be our busy day of the week. It makes it kind of nice because before you know it, the day is gone and much has been accomplished. Today I have already been visiting teaching, done two loads of laundry, cleaned the sewing room, put together the car seat, and done a load of dishes. I got Jack off to school-cold lunch today. Bella went to Preschool and Nate worked. We still need to go to swimming lessons, a soccer game, pack meeting, and get homework done. Hopefully I will get a few more loads of laundry done. I would like to change every one's sheets and bedding this week. And I need to wash a few baby things so they will at least be ready to go. I did put together a plastic bag full of toiletries to take to the hospital so Nate won't have to locate the extra shampoo or nursing pads.

On Tuesday, Jack sprained his wrist at soccer practice. We thought it may have been broke because he was pretty teary and in pain. He is usually pretty focused and views injuries as an inconvenience. So we visited Instacare and they said no breaks or fractures. I was relieved to say the least. Poor kid, it's his right hand, so he is having trouble writing, and he really fights me on icing it during they day, but it is such a relief we have no cast!

I had my weekly doc's appointment yesterday. I am more dilated and effaced than last week, so that is good. And he said I am at a +1 station. I had to look that one up when I got home, you would think I would know what after three kids. Basically it's a scale that goes from -4 to +4, when you are at a +4, the baby is crowning. So, I guess it is good to be on the plus size of the scale. But all in all a pretty uneventful appointment. I would guess we have a few weeks to go regardless of what he says.

After the appointment, Shelly and I went to Old Navy, Babies R' Us, Jason's Deli, Sears, and Sam's Club. We managed to do all this and I got home well before Jack. I picked up the car seat for the baby at Sears. That was one of the major things I really needed to take care of and I feel a sense of relief now that it is done. Now if I can get the upstairs organized, I am sure I will feel like I have nothing else to do before this baby is born. Good thing the upstairs is a huge disaster. I am sure it will take more than two weeks to put it all in order.

I do have a lot of sewing stuff I want to get done, but if I don't finish it all, I don't. Everyone will survive. And I have some little projects that won't take long to accomplish, and some big ones that are almost finished. So I am sure they will occupy me.

Nate and I got Season 3 off the office on DVD and have been trying to watch it before the next season begins on the 27th. We are almost halfway through, so I am feeling optimistic about that. However, there is a huge chance watching it will throw me into labor, I laugh so much that I have those pesky Braxton Hicks contractions. There were some episodes I missed last season, and I can barely breathe for laughing. We both are speculating how this new season will go, I mean, they can't have Pam and Jim really get together at this point really. They need that relationship to drive the show. I must say, I can barely wait to get to the episode with Pam's beach speech though, I recall it was great.

Anyway, better get organized so Jack will have all his stuff together this afternoon, and none of it will be sitting wet in the washing machine. Though I never have failed to have all his gear clean and ready to go on time, he is pretty sure this will happen. I need to put him in charge of his own laundry if he's so worried about it I suppose.

No comments: