You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Monday, September 3, 2007

Booties!

I found a pattern for these on stardustshoes blog the other day and really wanted to make them. I had some leftover scraps from my freshcut quilt that I couldn't bear to throw away, so I pieced them together and then used the pieces for these. They are lined and the soles have some super soft terry cloth in them. I plan on making all sorts of these know that I know how easy. I just need to make the pattern a bit bigger for bigger sizes, these are 0-6 months, but I think my kids usually have big feet, so I may go bigger. But I love the way they turned out and how very tiny they are in person!



We met Kim and Elsie at Applebee's on Saturday. They are down on vaca this week. Jack and B loved Elsie, they talked about her the rest of the evening. It was a ton of fun catching up with Kim! Elsie is a little pixie of a thing. She is really a good baby. Kim updated me on the latest baby gear, it really has been a long time since I have carried a diaper bag or bought a diaper for that matter.

I did go to Target today and get Isabella a booster seat. She was very very excited when I brought it home. It is a very bright hot pink and has crowns all over it. On the back it says Very Important Princess, she is thrilled. I scored double because I brought Jack home the latest Magic Tree House book. He is probably half way through it by now! I love that he loves to read.

I can't believe we are already at Labor Day in September. We didn't do a lot today really which was kind of nice. Nate let me sleep in! I got up at past 8:00 which has been a rarity these days. I must say, sleep isn't really going so great. I don't really know how many times I get up in the night, it could be just once for all I know. But I am really sore in the hips and round ligament. So I feel like I sleep restlessly. And I keep getting attacked by heartburn in the middle of the night! It seems so rude, I have tried taking tums before bed, but it doesn't seem to matter. I suppose it means I am just running out of room, which is true. My grandma asked if I was carrying high or low, well, I am so short waisted, there is only one place for this kid to be and that is right out there. I don't think anyone would be able to tell high or low at all. She is still quite a wiggly baby, so I know she has some room, but not much.

We are embarking on a very busy September. Between soccer, football, swimming, school, and the primary program, we have something almost every night. So I suppose today is kind of our last lazy day for a bit. I also have a list of my own stuff to do along with everyone else's, so the time will probably pass a bit too swiftly. If only I could move a bit more swiftly.....

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so glad I got to see you and your family. I love hanging out with you. I love the picture!