You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pretty Lights!

Monday Night for Family Home Evening we headed downtown to Temple Square to see the lights then indulge in hot cocoa and cinnamon rolls. Last year was a bit of fiasco. We went on the same night as an event at the conference center and Shelly and I ran across the square where Nate and Jeff picked us up on the other side. But this year was one of the mildest nights in recent memories. It snowed lightly and we managed to walk around the entire place without getting hypothermia. The kids had a grand time and played together well past bedtime as their parents talked and caught up. It was nice and relaxing and festive. I needed the festive, I am not great at being festive at this time of year. But the thousands of lights and the good company helped a lot.

Sophie loved the snow. She watched the older kids catch flakes on their tongues and watched it melt on her blanket. She also loved watching K run around and have a ball. That kid was having the time of his life and couldn't contain himself. I love how magical things are for little kids. He couldn't have been more happy anywhere else in the world.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Very fun. I always love the lights at temple square.