You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Perfect

Driving into Provo/Orem I spotted this sign and it just made me laugh. It totally typifies this time of year for me. I start out trying to get one thing across, but somewhere along the way it all goes terribly wrong. And then I think to myself-what were you thinking setting those expectations? And then I saw this poor, poor sign, I mean you know what they are trying to say, but the struggle, oh the struggle. My appropriate response: Laugh and take a picture.

5 comments:

Angie said...

hahahahahhaa. See my judgemental mind thought it said something more about the kind of people they have working at the golden corral. :)

The Pope 1/2 Dozen said...

I think that's hilarious! I will have to notice it next time I pass it. Merry Christmas!!

Jessica Christensen said...

I suppose we all try to do more than we can at this time of year. I can never live up to my own expectatations -- probably not even if I started in January and worked all year. I would always add something else to the list. You know how it is! Hope your trip to Oregon was safe and you're all snuggly warm by the fire now. Say "Hi" to your mom for me!

Jessica Christensen said...

See, I even made my expectations bigger than necessary -- expectatations. Maybe I should work at Golden Corral.

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

Jill, looks like you made, i'm so glad!!! Did you have wicked weather? Monday here was wicked. Anyways, your christmas treats are to die for. I need the recipe if its not a secret recipe. :-)