There were tears and blood and wailing. There were negotiations and compromise and string cheese. It's been getting closer and closer to falling out for days. I left it alone, thinking she would wiggle and wiggle until it was ready. Well, today was the day. The tooth could be pushed all the way back and all the way forward. She said it was hurting and she could barely manage to scarf down her lunch. Nate said it had to come out, or else she may swallow it. Which has happened here before-you just draw a picture for the tooth fairy, no big deal.
Anyway, as soon as he declared we needed to see if it would come out, the crying began. There were questions about how much this would hurt. When she pushed it forward I wiped some blood off the base of the tooth and then the crying escalated. I tried to convince her it would feel better when it came out. That the pain was caused by the sharp bottom of the tooth and it was also causing the bleeding. Reluctantly she agreed to let us try and lift it out. It came out really easily, but then there was more bleeding and thus, more crying. Then she realized it all felt better and didn't hurt nearly as bad as she thought. The crying stopped, a little stubbornly, and she asked to see the tooth. Then we cleaned her all up and took her to school. I don't know that she is happy about it. She kind of wants money from the tooth fairy-she has heard in class the going rate is five bucks, she is in for a nasty shock. She mostly wants her tooth back in. And to never have to lose another-again, in for a nasty shock. But in the mean time, here is her new smile, er grimace.


4 comments:
Yah, when the time comes my husband's taking care loose teeth. It was a deal we made--I birth the children and he takes care of anything icky afterward (and teaches them to tie their shoes).
I wish I got 5 bucks for my teeth. All I got was a quarter.
WOw, that took a long time to cme out. I think it started around Thanksgiving.
Way to go Bella. You braved it.
Love, Grandma Miskin
5 bucks?! What in the world? I think Bella is one of the few children in the world that look just adorable without a tooth! How cute that she is so attatched to her tooth!
Post a Comment