You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cold and Wet

It's hard to tell in this picture, but it's raining steadily. In fact, the rain had been steady all morning. Half the kids on both teams didn't even show up, I am guessing because of the steady rain. I mean, it is football. Football doesn't get called for rain. And as another parent observed, they are running out of Saturdays, do we really want to be out here in November. I agree, no way do I want to further extend the season by running into November.

The kids were freezing though, we convinced the ref to keep halftime to about a minute, long enough to get drinks, not long enough to sit down and cool off/freeze. Staying warm was a priority.

Speaking of warm, every night I get a giant glass of ice water and sit in front of the computer while consuming the ice. All the women in the fam have a bad habit of crunching ice. Sophie will sit at my feet and wait as I shovel small pieces of ice into her mouth. This ice thing starts young. Being as we are downstairs, it is usually a bit cold. So after I finish the ice and head up to bed, I am freezing. Freezing. Some nights I can take it, knowing that I will be warm after a few minutes snuggled under the covers. But last night, I turned on the heat-I was too cold, until the middle of the night when I was way way too hot. I try and leave the temperature to Nate for this very reason. Maybe writing it down will help.

2 comments:

The Pope 1/2 Dozen said...

I couldn't beleive the rain on Saturday. I waited and waited to take a walk when there was no rain but it never stopped. I can't imagine watching a game in that.

Terry and Alice said...

Hey Jill,
I'm tagging you, so write 7 interesting things about yourself on your blog then tag 7 other people.