Alice tagged me. Usually I am super fast and don't get tagged, but alas, I was not paying attention. Here goes, seven interesting things about me.
1. I am the geek half in my marriage. Nate is a computer programmer who doesn't play interactive games, doesn't watch Star Wars or Star Trek unless forced and could care less about comic books or any such stuff. I fill those slots in our relationship-except for playing interactive games. I have passed the Star Wars thing to our son though. I may be Princess Leia for Halloween this year-if so, that will be eight times.
2. I read as much as possible. I usually have a book stashed somewhere to read while I am waiting for kids, nursing, or making dinner. I love kids books and am a total pushover when it comes to buying them.
3. I like to vacation with the kids rather than without them. I only have them each for 18 short years! It's fun to be there when they discover new places. Nate is on board with this philosophy-woo hoo! However-I need to consult with Holly about some stuff in Europe that may involve too much discovery.
4. I don't have a cell phone. I see the convenience, I am just not ready to take the plunge. Plus, people would call me and wonder why I never answered, because I wouldn't.
5. My hair grows pretty fast-or appears to due to lack of trims. I am almost ready to whack it all off again.
6. I find laundromats creepy. Really, they are-think about it.
7. I am a terrible housekeeper. I have tried all sorts of ways to trick myself into it, but I am never fooled. I am great at the 20 minute clean-up before some one comes over though. And I don't let things get nasty, just cluttery everywhere.
I don't want to single seven of you out to be tagged back, but I refuse to remain it forever-so, if you serve with me in primary, lived with me in college, or knew me when I was sixteen, or have ever held one of my kids when they were pretty new, consider yourself tagged. That should cover it.
F Family
7 years ago


3 comments:
Not much about me family doesn't know.
If Paris is where you want to vacation, you might want to wait for 17 more years.
And I concur with the laundro-mats. We use a communal laundry room with 100 other occupants and I hate it. Once I came back to get stuff out of the dryer, mind you with 20 mintues still on the machine, and the dryer door was open and multiple socks were on the floor. You never know what someone will do or has done with your laundry.
Jill, the housekeeping thing is a McMenomy trait. My mom says your dad was a cluter person too. When he lived with my parents he left clutter all over. My mom always told me when I was growing up that I was such a McMenomy and would remind me that my dad and your dad were cluttery people. My house is the same way, little piles of clutter-but I know what is in each one and when my mom comes here to clean I can't find anything. Ha ha!
Post a Comment