Painting
I am taking a break between coats of paint in the girls room. I am kind of covered in paint actually, so I guess I am letting that dry as well. Isabella has been helping a bit, she uses a tiny brush and paints below me while I do the high parts. I let some paint drip on her leg though, and that has distressed her a bit. I have one wall that I can't start on yet because Jack's bed is still up against it. The crib and dresser are pushed into the middle of the room and I can barely squeeze past everything. I am thankful my SIL sent me some of her maternity clothes that she is no longer going to use, I designated one shirt to be the paint shirt, and I have a pair of my own old shorts that seem to fit well enough to get by. I forget how messy I am!
We went to a fun family picnic last night up north. The kids had tons of fun and I love anything that involves dinner already being ready. It was nice and relaxing and good to catch up with everyone. I miss our old ward sometimes but am grateful for the camaraderie our group of friends still has. The BBQ pork was lovely and hit the spot, and if I stand up after I eat, I don't get heartburn as easily, so that was really a plus to dinner in the park.
We did have a bit of a catastrophe last night after we got home though. We have a medicine cabinet on our bathroom wall that has decided to come off bit by bit, well the back separated from the frame last night and is now hanging from the wall all by itself. Poor Nate was dealing with this and seemed none to happy about it-who can blame him! Anyway, I think we may have to bring in some drastic measures and cut into dry wall at some point, we are giving each other a few days to think about it and come up with a rational solution. In the meantime, I really want to get the room switch done this week, and as much as I can unaided. I don't want to drag it out and be rushing around in the end here. If Jack's bed gets moved, I can get the paint on that wall done quickly, it's just that Jack's bed is very very very very heavy, and last time required three adults to manoeuvre it, so we will see, I need to find some helpful neighbors....
On another note, today is the first day of school. You would think that this being our third year, I wouldn't get so emotional about it. But summer really goes by too fast and I miss Jack and how helpful and sweet he is. I love that he loves school and really is excited about it though, I hope he has that his whole life. He gets out in about an hour and I can't wait to hear how his day went and what fabulous things he is going to get to do this year!
F Family
7 years ago


2 comments:
It sounds like you are getting close on the rooms. I bet they'll look great. I can't believe that school is starting already! Time flies. When I was younger I looked so forward to school starting. People thought I was kind of weird. I think part of it was I loved shopping for school supplies...and I still do.
You must get the Bumbo chair (at Target). They are so great. Elsie loves it because I can take it anywhere. I usually have it on the counter while I'm in the kitchen. As soon as they can kind of support their head, they can use it!
Post a Comment