So, I have a Kodak Easy share camera that I usually like quite a lot. But the past few times I have tried to hook it up to the computer and download pics, it won't let me!!! I usually have to spend an hour convincing the computer and the camera they are indeed connected and that they do have all the appropriate software to recognize one another. I am not sure if I rather try a new camera or a new computer at this point, but I just want to hit the easy button on the dock and see my pics, really is that too much to ask? It seems like peripherals really have not been perfected yet.
We had a busy week last week. We met Jack's new teacher on Friday, she is new, just out of college and seems really enthusiastic. He is really excited about his new classroom and all his new school supplies and such. I am so grateful he loves school and learning. It makes it much more fun that he wakes up every morning ready to go and excited about the day.
We are also in Jack's soccer season, which is a blast. Most of the girls on the team are a little bit bigger than the boys, they are at that age where they will be taller for the next few years. Anyway, everyone on his team seems really involved and into the game, which is fun to watch, though I also enjoy watching the kids who do cartwheels and sit down on the field, only when you are little can you get away with that. I think I just enjoy watching them play sports in general. And, after an hour of constant running, my does that kids sleep well-I love soccer!
I started the big room switch, I have moved out all the toys and painted some of the room. The window had a place that needed to be fixed, so I had to wait while my Spackle and sealant cured for 24 hrs. But I think I can finish it all up this week. I like the way the green is looking on the walls, and I can envision some other things I want to do. The blinds in all the bedrooms don't work well, so we bought one new set, and will probably buy another before this is all over. I was going to go for some very cool cordless blinds, but alas, out of budget for now. I need to get a new toy storage system for Jack. I have one picked out at IKEA, but need Nate's help to get it home, so he and I are planning to go. I also need a new shower curtain, some storage for under our bed and a few other odds and ends, so it will be a big trip. I am excited about finally doing something with the kids rooms, we lived in apartments too long I guess, I finally feel like I have permission to make permanent changes.
I quilted two baby quilts last week as well. I have finished binding one and need to start on the other. My list of to-do's is long and I see that time is getting short, so I suppose I need to kick it into high gear nesting mode to accomplish all I have planned. I have most of the stuff for Isabella's Halloween costume here, I just need to put it together. I just made Jack decide this weekend what he wants to be-army man, I need to go to an army/navy store and see what is available there, I can make some of the costume but not all. I am just relieved he has at last commited to something doable, his other choice was the solar system, which would have been creative and fun, but too dark for trick or treating, and too involved for a mama this pregnant.
F Family
7 years ago


1 comment:
Oooohhh...I want to be the solar system for Halloween!! I LOVE that idea!
Post a Comment