You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

August 12, 2007
Shopping
Last night was a huge sale at one of my favorite fabric stores, Pine Needles, in Gardner Village. I have been busy, so I wasn't sure I would make it, but had been planning on going. Last year, my SIL Jessica was here and we went with other SIL Alice and had a fabulous time. There was karaoke-yes I love karaoke-there were games and prized and all sorts of fun things. I was a bit nostalgic about it but knowing I was going alone and not planning on spending a lot of time didn't have too high of expectations. But when I got there the power went out! How is one supposed to pick out matching fabric in the dark!?! I wandered for a bit thinking it would come back on, but when it didn't, I headed out to Kohl's to do some school shopping.

The evening improved from there on out actually. I found tons of stuff on sale at Kohls for the kids this fall. I got Bella 2 pairs of shoes, both 70% off and Jack some jammies and shirts. And a few other odd and ends of outfits. They had a Colts jersey I really considered getting for Jack, he has been a Colts fan for the past two or three years and really wants a football jersey. I debated back and forth, so I still may, or I may save it for Christmas. Then I headed over to TJ Maxx and found an adorable outfit for baby girl and a sleeper, and some ballerina jammies for Bella. I also got some toys for their hospital bags and another long sleeved shirt for Jack. So overall, the evening went well considering the start it had. The kids despise school shopping with me. Jack is really getting to the age where he needs to come and try things on though. He is tall and skinny, so pants are a bit of a challenge, I am grateful for adjustable waists, and he is on the cusp of changing from the little boy sizes to the big boy sizes...sigh, how did he get so big so fast!

I didn't get home till kind of late which caused me to sleep in a bit this morning, that felt really nice, I have been up at 6 for days it seems. Only one more sharing time to go til this baby is born, I have been counting it that way, and I have a lot to do still. I am almost finished with her Halloween costume and blessing gown. I need to finish one of the quilts I have made for her and start on Jack and Bella's costumes though, and switch the kids rooms. If anything else, the time passes quickly and I never run out of things to do!

1 comment:

Kim said...

There's nothing like a good day of shopping, especially if you find a sale!