Jack is on the Twins this year, for which I am grateful, from a fashion point of view. I have noticed many of the teams main color seems to be gray, The A's and the Angels seem to have variety, but everyone else is a shade of blue or gray. I know-silly to care, but c'mon, make the Padres orange or black. Put a little variety in the mix!
Anyway, Jack has played catcher, second base, and third base thus far. He has fun playing baseball. It doesn't seem to have the same intensity as football has for him-for which I am glad. He just goes out there and does his best and has a good time. I suppose baseball isn't usually as physically taxing as football, so maybe that is part of it. I missed a lot of games last year because so many of them start at 8. And I know this year will be similar, so I am really trying to enjoy the ones we all get to go to. This year Nate isn't coaching, so he sits with me and wrangles the girls. Well, Sophie mostly.
I wish I could remember how well Jeff and I paid attention at A's games when we were young when my dad took us. We were pretty little, but he would load us onto BART and we would ride out to the stadium. Jeff was really little, because he once fell asleep and peed all over my dad. I remember this as being hilarious. It probably didn't occur to my dad to bring a diaper bag or change of clothes or not let Jeff drink tons and tons. But I am sure at the time my dad didn't think it was very funny. I do have an appreciation of watching baseball live as a result. It just isn't as fun on TV. I like the atmosphere at games, especially small ones. Nate and I have been to a few big league games since we've been married, but the minor league ones and the ones Jack play in are my favorites. I just wish the seats were a bit more comfy!
F Family
7 years ago


1 comment:
Baseball has always been my favorite. We used to have potato harvest during the play offs and I loved to watch those on tv when I was young but when I got married I only liked to watch those games when my kids were playing. We had the Idaho Falls minor league teams in Idaho Falls but we didn't go very often. I went to a Dodgers game once in California. I think that is the only major league game I watched. I was 17. I wish I could come this summer and watch Jack play. Yea! JACK
Post a Comment