You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

In The Zone

Football season officially started at the beginning of August.  Jack is playing padded football this year rather than flag-and the kid is beyond thrilled.  These are some shots from the Jamboree his league had last Saturday.  Jack is the one with the long white sleeves.  He is a back on offense and a linebacker on defense.  The kid is in heaven. 
It was great to see them play at the Jamboree and I am even more excited for the games.  The girls and I have been at practice so much this past month-we are anxious to see the fruits of their labors.  Don't they all look cute in their pads-it's funny how small some of them still are.

We also have this guy out on the field with the freshman this year.  This means three football games a week for the next 2 months.  Plus any other high school or college games we try and hit.  It will be crazy!  I have everything all scheduled out though and am ready to go.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Awesome.
Like father like son. I am so glad they both get to do football.
How did you get so lucky to have Hurley for a coach?

Jessica Christensen said...

Ah, football season. It's upon us as well, but blessedly I only have one school to worry about -- no marching band this year.