She had a pretty exciting week overall. We had a Memorial Day BBQ Monday with all the Miskin side of the family. Then she had her Kindergarten Graduation Program on Thursday. She was so excited she sang the songs and recited the program to us again and again. Then on Thursday night we decided to go out to Applebee's for a birthday dinner because her grandma and G.G. needed to leave Friday morning. Well, it all started out okay. She was having a great time until my mom told the waiter it was her birthday. Well, all the waitstaff came over to sing to her and things went downhill from there. The manager that sang also works at Roger's Applebee's and he is foolishly loud. And Bella, she doesn't really like to be singled out or the center of attention amongt groups of unfamiliar people. She sank further and further into the seat as they sang louder and louder. The manager afterward said he had toned it down upon seeing her stricken face. They left and immediately said "I will not be choosing Applebee's for my birthday ever again". It was funny and sad at the same time. But the guy did sing really loud.
Then on Friday she got to open all her presents first thing in the morning. It is becoming a bit of a tradition to do that because we seem to always be busy birthday nights with unrelated activities. Anyway, she got so many gifts, Nate and I were trying to compensate because Jack got a bike I think.
Nate and Jack left for Father and Son's campout, so the girls and I went to McDonalds for dinner and then met up with the Miskin's at Cold Stone for dinner. Twas yummy.


5 comments:
Six! When did these kids start turning six? Ethan's is around the corner--he reminds me every day.
PS--Adelaide has those same Hula pajamas.
Umm...that comment above was me. Why did I let Ethan have a email address?
What a cutie Bella is, I can't believe she is six. Happy belated Birthday, Bella! Jill, I can't believe your long list of books read in 2009. I am no where near that. I love that you posted the ones that you didn't like. I was actually going to read one of them. Now I really won't bother.
That is crazy that she is 6 already! So sad that she was so traumatized by the Applebee's Singers...but, yes, kind of funny. Just don't ever take her to a Mexican restaurant or they'll make her wear a sombrero as well.
poor bella, I love her so much and wish I could have seen her birthday
Post a Comment