You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Best Laid Plans

So this mess represents a tiny area of sub floor from underneath the refrigerator, not the whole thing mind you, just a small part. Count the staples, I dare you.

Not that it has anything to do with anything at this point as it is all sitting in a garbage can down the street. And the floor is actually coming along okay. We have finished the front room and are in the kitchen now. It's looking how I wanted it to look-well sans all the dust and dirt tracked everywhere.

Speaking of stuff every where, Nate came up with a keep the downstairs clean plan for Sunday afternoons. Fall is upon us and football is here. Jack could watch game after game with nary a peep if we let him. Bella hides under a blanket and proclaims her dislike of all things football. And really, by Sunday she has already been to a LHS game, and one of Jack's games, so I can't really fault her for being upset about it all. Well Nate told Jack a story about when he was young he did push ups and sit ups during commercials to bulk up. So he thought we should do productive things during commercials during the game on Sunday, push ups and sit ups weren't what he had in mind though. Laundry, toys, books, and other random things are what he wants to conquer. So the deal is, people get to watch football while also helping out around the house. Poor Bella, this situation does nothing for her, we will have to work on that later.

So looking around down here today I see some evidence that things happened, the couch is full of folded laundry, toys are in the toy box, no stray shoes to trip over. However there is a large amount of felt, thread, stuffing, and sewing paraphernalia laying around. Oh wait, is that my mess?!? Find out more about what I am up to here.

4 comments:

Grandma Goo said...

Can't wait to stt eh finished floor! Bet it looks great! May have to have you come do mine!!!
Love mom

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

i snitched a look in the window when I brought you some scentsy samples......looks great!!!

The Pope 1/2 Dozen said...

That looks so familiar, I am grateful it is not me right now. Inside projects have a way of complicating your life.

Marsha said...

It looks great now though. Way to go guys.