We have one more soccer game left in the season. Tonight we lost, pbbbbbft. Really, it's okay, I'm not at all bothered. Regardless we will have a winning season. Bella did awesome tonight. She bounced back after a ball knocked the wind out of her and she stole the ball away more times than I can count. I did alright as a coach, but what happened here to my hair!
I look like someone from Battlefield Earth! Could no one have mentioned it! Yikes! That's Forrest Whittaker by the way-even more yikes!

Then at dinner we had a catastrophe. I ordered pizza as soon as we got home. I order it online from Domino's because they have a cool little tracker thing that says stuff like "Kelly is now preparing your pizza!" "Tim is boxing up your pizza!" Anyway, it makes the whole process seem faster and more fascinating.
Anyway, Jack asked if he could try some of the crushed red peppers on his pizza. I said sure, go ahead. Nate wasn't there to rescue the situation. He would have known what a wrong turn things would take. 
You see, our kids think ketchup is spicy. Really they do. And, I was not paying real close attention, so I didn't see him dump most of the peppers in a clump. The first bite wasn't bad, so he took another. All of the sudden, runny nose, teary eyes, chugging milk.
Running to the fridge for water (new fridge-cool water dispenser on the inside!). Then some true crying as his head was all sweaty and nose running like a faucet. I try and encourage them to try new things, but in this case, I spoke too soon.


6 comments:
COOL FRIDGE........poor Jack. I hate it when that happens. Been there done that a million times.
Funny comparison to Battlefield Earth. That saves me having to make fun of you for the hair.
Ketchup! Spicy! LOL! Sorry Jack had such a traumatic pizza experience. Total bummer.
Just caught up on your last few posts. You make me laugh. You have such great insight on high school life. It makes me realize that I don't miss it. Glad you had a good soccer season!
Hey, Jack and Bella thanks for being such great kids and helping mom with Sophie's birthday.
Love,
Grandma Miskin
Wow. I am a fan of spicy and I wouldn't do what he did. He was a brave one for doing that. On Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel they said it was milk that best takes away spiciness.
I hope you try it again Jack. It is well worth it. Besides you need to water down the McMenomy genes as best you can with your food choices.
Post a Comment