Last week was Red Ribbon week at Jack's school. He loved it because each day comes with a theme of how to dress. Usually he and I negotiate over what he wears. It usually doesn't go well. I don't want to stifle his creativity, but there are some fashion choices I just can't live with. Socks and sandals, monochromatic, red pants and orange shirts. I admit, I am not the most fashion forward person myself, but I feel it is my job to not let my children look completely goofy. I don't mind letting them wear capes or crowns or any dress up stuff really. I even spent a day shopping with Bella while she wore Tinkerbell wings. I find that kind of fashion eccentricity a bit charming really. Anyway, I digress, the last day of red ribbon week was wear red day. Luckily Jack owns red pants as well as a red shirt. But the main thrill for him was that he matched the sheets on his bed. Maybe I should only buy him well coordinated bedding. 
Sophie has been enjoying her swing. So much so, that I manage a shower everyday! Yay! She hit one of the toys the other day with her hand and Bella got all excited. From the beginning Bella has had a vision of sharing her toys with Sophie, so I think she can hardly wait for that stage to begin. I am anxious to see if she is just as excited when Sophie actually wants to play with her toys.


1 comment:
That's a great hiding spot for Jack!!
Post a Comment