You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Sophie!

Sophie turned four this past Monday!  It was a minimal day at school so the big kids got out early and we met up with Nate for lunch.  Well, let me back up, we began her birthday celebrations at 6:30 am that morning.  We seem to have filled evenings these days and we didn't want Sophie to have to wait to open her presents and play with them til almost bedtime, so we just started very early. 

My mom had brought her presents down when I had Tessa, so she had quite a bunch of stuff to open. 

So we spent the early morning opening presents and singing.  Then we got the kids off to school and Nate off to work and Sophie and I played with her presents until it was time to go get the kids.  We ate lunch at Zupas then came home and I finished decorating her cake.

  She requested a cake that looked like Ariel, I did my best, but it really isn't my forte.  I think cake without faces are easier.  Then we took Jack and Bella to their practices and came home to get ready to go to the mascot bowl.  We met up with Nate and headed over to the high school to watch a bunch of mascots play football with the Lehi eighth grade teams.  It was a good time and we didn't get home until way too late.  



Four great things about Sophie:

1. She is exuberant, really excited about most things.  We love to see how she smiles when she runs, it's pure joy.

2. She is really helpful with Tessa, she has been very patient ever since she was born.  She loves Tessa and it shows.  

3.  Sophie is funny, she says the funniest things all the time, we need to be better about writing them down.  Her observations of the world are pretty keen, and she isn't afraid of asking for what she wants and being clear with people.

4. She is smart, she knows so many things.  I think she will have a ball when she starts school in a few years, in the mean time, we do joy school and lessons at home.  She gets frustrated when she doesn't just know things-very reminiscent of Jack in that way. 


We love Sophie and I am glad she had such a fun birthday! 

1 comment:

Grandma Goo said...

I am happy you had such a great birthday Sophie! I would have loved to be there with you for all the fun and excitement of the day! You are such a joy to me, even when you don't want to talk on the phone! Love you much, the Goo!