You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fun With Grandma

We are so grateful my mom came to stay when Tessa was born.  She was here for over two weeks and it wasn't enough! The kids keep asking for her to come back-she's way more fun than Nate and I!  She's more on the ball than either of us when it comes to dishes and laundry, Nate said every time he went to check the sink it was empty.  And she just jumps right into our schedule and keeps the kids getting to where they need to be.  She did something special with each of them and they love her so much!

 Grandma and her newest grandbaby.  Tessa yawns all the time, huge yawns.

 This is Sophie playing baseball in the front yard, I have no idea when this occurred, but my mom is way better at taking pictures than I am.  She takes them more often and I always download her memory cards before she goes to see what I missed.

 She took the kids to Boondocks and they had a fabulous time.  They all got soaking wet, played laser tag and mini golf and ate lunch.  I stayed home and slept-which was sooo nice!


 She always remembers to get a picture with her and all the kids, they love these.  She sometimes puts their adventures into albums, they love looking through those.  Sophie thinks they all belong to her and is confused as to why there are no pictures of her and small Jack and Bella together.

 She took pictures while I took video of Isabella's gymnastics exhibition.  Grandma is always interested in the kids activities and I was really glad she got to be here for Bella's meet, they only do it once a year, so it's a hard one to catch.
 And I had really forgotten how much my mom loves baseball.  I think she kind of wanted to stay to see the end of the season.  She got much better pics of Jack than I have.  I didn't make it to the games the week Tessa was born, but got a play by play.  Jack played catcher this year and did an amazing job.  He has such a good arm and really hustles behind the plate. 
She was here for Isabella's birthday and brought her some really fun presents.  The girls have played with Rapunzel's tower a lot since it arrived. She always finds amazing deals in her small town Walmart and the kids benefit greatly.

The kids had a great time!  We all did!  I know she was pretty tired when she got home but hopefully she will recover quickly and be back soon!

3 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

How fun! Tessa's adorable congratulations!

Grandma Goo said...

This was such an awesome trip for me! I had so much fun with all the kids! Wish I could have stayed forever! Living so far away is so hard. I love watching Jack in sports, and I want to see as much as I can. He is getting so good at baseball, such a difference in a year on skill levels! Bella was just a hoot to watch at her gymnastics meet! The music had her wiggling all over, and she is getting so good! I had special mornings with Sophie as she crawled into my bed each morning, that is until the baby came! Snuggling that new baby girl, nothing compares to the touch and feel of a newborn! Love the Goo

Jessica Christensen said...

It looks like it was a great visit! Kids are lucky to have such a wonderful grandma! Wish I could come and hold that sweet baby myself.