You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Chair!

After much wandering around furniture stores I finally found a chair for my computer desk.  I had just about given up, I went to Ethan Allen for goodness sake.  I found one chair that I kind of liked there- but just kind of and it was around $1000 dollars.  I can't justify that much for kind of.  So as a last ditch effort, I went over to Pier 1.  I hadn't been there in quite a long time, so I only remembered wicker type furniture, which wasn't really what I was going for.  Then there was my chair, and on clearance! 


I am going to make a pillow to put on it, then I will post that over at Sew Accomplished.  It is just the right height, the same color as the armoire, and pretty comfortable.  All in all I am very pleased.  And so is Sophie, she won't have to spend her days wandering the furniture stores any longer. 

5 comments:

M&N said...

I love it! I might have to come take a picture of someone in it because it is so much fun!

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

nice, i like. Take a pic of your computer desk. That is what i am looking for.

McGraths said...

I love it.

Marsha said...

Very nice. I always love Pier 1 but never seem to be able ot afford their furniture. One of these days I will buy one of their ceramic topped tables. Hah ! They probably don't have them anymore.

Jessica Christensen said...

Where have I been? You've posted a ton of stuff. Scheduled posts ahead of time, right? Love the chair.