You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day off school

We had a random day off school on the fifth of March.  Random because, it's not a holiday-well, it was my brothers 30th birthday, but I haven't heard him refer to his birthday as a holiday before.  And I don't know of any other reason but to just call it a day.  It turned out well for a day off, there was all sorts of snow.  So first thing, I sent the kids out to build snowmen.  Jack built some in honor of Calvin and Hobbes.  Bella and I built a mouse with Sophie.  I am glad I took pictures, because the neighborhood snowman slayer came and knocked them all over while we were having lunch.



 Then the kids and I went to the new local bowling alley.  A new bowling alley is a nice thing.  When I was little, my brother and I bowled league in a bowling alley that was a bit smelly and old.  This new bowling alley, aptly named Jack and Jill's, has new balls, new shoes, new chairs.  It's all lovely and bright.  The kids had a blast.  It was the first time Bella has bowled without the thing you roll the ball down.  She was pretty beat by our second game. 



After bowling we went on a wild goose chase for a new chair.  I am looking for something to go in the family room to use as a desk chair, but I don't really want wheels.  The kids were very patient, I was not.  By the end of the day I would have bought anything, but nothing was quite what I was looking for. 

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Rude of a snowman slayer to begin so early on a day off. Cute pictures of the kids. They are growing up so fast. I'm glad you got to go bowling. I love to bowl but it has been many years.

Terry and Alice said...

Ikea has some nice computer chairs. I sat in one for a good 15 minutes because that store is too stinkin' huge, you just have to take a break! Anyways looks like you guys had a fun day!