You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Project Linus Quilts

We did some quilts for Project  Linus for Disney's Give a Day, Get a Day program they have up and running right now.  Each family member over the age of 6 needed to make a quilt.  So I taught Nate and the kids to sew a straight line.  Harder than you would think.  Jack likened sewing to driving a car.  Having to keep you eye on the fabric and keep track of pedal speed.  Bella loves to sew and would do it all the time.  Nate did great until he got toward the end, then he would panic a bit.  It was fun for me to watch and share some sewing with them. 

3 comments:

M&N said...

So I thought my quilts were cute, until you did yours. Splendid as always. I love Nate sitting at the sewing machine.

Marsha said...

I saw that advertized somewhere. Too bad I don't have a sewing machine anymore. Have fun in Disneyland. Funny, I didn't teach Nate how to sew. Marshall actually made an apron but that is as far as it went.

Grandma Goo said...

Great job you guys! Looking forward to going to Disneyland again with all of you sometime in the future! Love The Goo!