About a month ago we bought a new couch. Our old couch sat near it in our over crowded living room until Saturday when Nate attempted to take it to the D.I.. They wouldn't take it because of a rip in the fabric. Who knew? So now I need to find out about other disposal methods, this is on my todo list.
Jack got his Wolf! I am so very excited about this. We worked on it regularly all year. It's really one of the few things I have procrastinated on. I am really grateful for my years in Primary as a scout rep that taught me what I needed to do with Jack in Cub Scouts. He loves doing all the achievements and is so excited to go into Bears. I am so proud of him.
We also dyed Easter Eggs. I am really bad a holiday celebrations. This is one we never miss though. Which is ironic, because although the kids love dying eggs, they loathe eating them. Nate and I are then left with a lot of hard boiled eggs to consume. Nate does pretty good making them into sandwiches and such, I on the other hand only really like them plain. Sophie would only try them with the shell on.
This year we did tye-dye eggs. Basically the egg is wrapped in a little swath of fabric and then you drip dye all over the fabric with an eye dropper. It goes a little slow, but the kids liked the result. The really dark egg is the dinosaur egg Jack made by mixing all the colors of dye. He is torn because he really wants to eat it, but then remembers he doesn't like eggs. I keep encouraging him to just eat it anyway.
I sang in Stake Choir for Stake Conference this past weekend. I really liked it, I had forgotten how much I loved choir when I was in high school. It was interesting to sit on the stand and watch everyone, including poor Nate being accosted by Sophie in the very back. When she is tired she gets a bit violent.
Nate and I are still spending Wednesday nights obsessed with LOST. Lat night's episode was good, looks like Faraday will be back soon. I loved the Hurley/Miles Empire Strikes Back scene. Except for all the hating on the Ewoks! I was seven when Return of the Jedi came out and I loved them! Makes sense being seven and all. And now I can't tell if they were foolish or not, too much nostalgia involved.
Jack and I have started watching the new season of The Deadliest Catch. Honestly, I don't know why I love this show-I just do. Really if we ever lost the Discovery Channel I would be really tempted to spring for cable. Anyway, the new season just started and I tape (yeah, no DVR either, we live in the stone ages) it so Jack and I can watch it the next day-it's on too late for either of us to catch in real time. Something about the drama of who will find the crab, who will have catastrophe after catastrophe, and Mike Rowe's very dramatic narration totally suck me in every season. And I don't even like to eat crab.


5 comments:
The DI seriously would not take a couch with a tear?
Tie-dye eggs--awesome!
Wow, so sorry you had to go through that mess with the crawl space. That does not sound like fun!
Jill, DVR needs to become a part of your life!!
Those eggs look awesome. I can't wait til Tato is old enough to be able to do that kind of stuff. Glad that you got that crawl space sorted out. Hope it wasn't too much trouble.
How did your crawl space flood? I am hoping that doesn't happen to ours. It would be a disaster, our crawl space is a real mess. I love your eggs. Alayna took over this year and I was relieved. I was too tired to deal with the mess egg dye can make. Congrats to Jack on getting his Wolf! I looked for you in the halls and didn't see you but you did a really great job on Sunday. I really enjoyed your talk!
Terri
tie-dying eggs sounds really fun but a lot of work. Jesse just did a shirt at school and has been wearing it about every other day. I think it would be fun to do a tie-dyed quilt.
I love you and glad you have so many talents.
Post a Comment