Jack is nine years old today! Nate and I started the festivities last night. After Jack fell asleep we moved him out of his bed and changed the bedding to new Star Wars sheets and a quilt I had made him. He usually sleeps in a nest of blankets, he said he woke up while it was dark and searched for all his blankets until he just decided to crawl under the unfamiliar quilt on his bed to warm up-crazy kid.

He got out of bed early as well, I returned from water aerobics around 7:15 and everyone was awake and ready to tear into some presents. I have tried year after year to convince him to not go for all of them in the morning, but wait until evening and spread them out during the day, but I have not been successful.

He was delighted to receive remote control helicopter from Nate and I, along with a new bike. His sisters got him a lacrosse set and Bella is dying to play.

Then at just after 8, I let him call his grandma and grandpa so he could open their gifts while they listened on. They were good sports, it was 7 am there. Anyway, he was thrilled with everything but really freaked out about the Giant Lego Star Wars Republic ship. My mom has a good story about the
legos. They went on clearance at her
Wal-Mart after Christmas. Things go on clearance there that don't seem to go on clearance here. Well, the price was better than the original, but still pretty high, so she watched and watched for them to drop lower. They never did. She came down here to visit, and when she went back, all the
lego sets were gone. Then she went back a few days later, and they were back, but still not marked any lower, she decided to scan one anyway just to see if they hadn't marked the tag yet. And they hadn't! She called very excited to tell me she had gotten this huge
lego set for like 75% off! And if you have a kid who loves
legos, you know they are expensive and almost never go on sale. So there has been much excitement all around about this particular set. It paid off, Jack is very very very excited.
Thus far the kid has had a great day and currently I am making a football field cake. I remember being nine fondly, and I hope he does as well. This is the last year of single digits, it is really flying by. Love you Jack!
9 comments:
oh Happy Birthday Jack! I can't believe your nine already, wow time flies by. Glad you had a fantastic day!
Looks like you had a very fun day! It was fun talking to you on the phone! The quilt your mom made you is really nice! Goes good with those new star wars sheets! Hope your cake was great, just like you! Love The GOO"s
Happy Birthday Jack!
Jill--The quilt is awesome! I wish I had taken advantage of making you teach me how to machine quilt while I had the chance. I would love to make such beautiful things.
It is just too crazy to me that he is 9 already! Seriously, where has the time gone. Sounds like he had a great birthday. Jared had some Star Wars sheets very similar to those when he was little.
I love that while he was asleep you changed the sheets! I love that.
Holy smokes! Jack is NINE?!? Seriously? I don't believe it.
What a fun birthday! Nine years have gone by so quickly. I wish I had been there to help celebrate but not at 7 in the morning. yah we aways did it at night.
I love you, jack and all the fun games we have played together. i can't wait to see the Lego Ship
love, Grandma Miskin
That is so awesome. I love that you moved him. I love that quilt. I'll be calling you to get great ideas for when James turns eight.
How funny that you moved him in the middle of the night to put new sheets and the quilt on the bed. Amazing he didn't wake up. I can't believe how big he looks. Yes, I know I'm late in commenting, but Michael's parents just left yesterday, so I haven't been myself. Happy late birthday, Jack!
Post a Comment