It's true. Monday is my favorite day of the week. I spent years and years dreading it, and now it has morphed into the most productive day I have. I get more done on Mondays than the other six days combined. How sad is that. And it's odd, because Sunday afternoon I am so lethargic and tired and unproductive, I don't know what happens in the night that perks me up and gives me the wherewith all to begin another week. But I have seen a definite pattern in the last few months. Monday I always do dishes, laundry, deep clean an area, run errands, start a sewing project, make dinner (not leftovers), talk to someone on the phone, read, and have family night. Maybe I am putting too much into Monday and I don't leave any extra energy for the rest of the week.
In other things of consequence, the school doesn't plow the sidewalk in front of said school. I don't really want to drive, so this leaves me very few options. The past few days I have had Sophie walk on the clear sidewalk and have carried her on the unplowed part. This I suppose I will count as exercise-this is me searching for the bright side here.
I still have my eye twitch I mentioned here. I don't feel really stressed right now, so I am not sure what that is all about. But I would like it to stop! I need to get my eyes checked, so perhaps I will ask while doing that. But really, a muscle spasm for six months is excessive.
I tried to get Nate to buy tickets to the Eagles/Cardinals game this weekend and he just couldn't do it. He has loved the Eagles since he was a young boy, so I thought this would have been a great opportunity to see them in the play-offs without going to Pennsylvania. Next time I will just buy them for him and cut out the middle-man.
I got to take and excellent nap yesterday. I decided to lay down when I put Sophie down after church and slept until it was almost dark. I need one or two of those naps a month. So warm and lovely.
Speaking of church, we go at 11 now instead of 9. I keep making pros and cons lists about this. I think all meeting times have good things and bad things. For example, when we go at 11, I really only do two meals and a snack on Sundays. This is nice overall. However, Sophie usually naps in the morning and I have to wake her up so we are on time. I dislike waking sleeping babies, it just seems wrong. We have a great chance of being on time at 11. Really this is true for us. We start getting ready the moment we get up and can manage not to procrastinate. But, the parking lot and building are always really full. As we are the middle ward, the early ward and late ward are always there, this makes the hallways way more enticing for Sophie. Only ten more Sundays till nursery though. Hopefully that will help. Anyway, as with all things, there are good and bad when it comes to change.
F Family
7 years ago


8 comments:
I will agree, i seem to get a lot done on mondays too. Mondays are probably my busiest days of the week. Good job getting tons done. You go girl!!!
michelle
No--you should just come to Pennsylvania. I wouldn't mind at all. We're a short distance away.
Wow, I get nothing done . . . ever, so it's cool you have a productive day. I need to work one of those into my weekly schedule. Sometimes my eye does the twitch thing too, but it only happens about once a month or so. I think/hope it's normal.
I wish I could get more done on Mondays but its so hard. I am finding the middle of the week better for me and Sundays are my big day but I don't go to church so that might be why I get more done on that day.
You really need to go to the eye dr. about that twitch, you are right 6 months is far too long for a spasm.
Off topic, are you all planning any trips to California this summer by chance? if you are I would really like to see you. Ainsleigh and I will be there pretty much the entire summer.
Yoou need to get that twitch checked out!!SOON PLEASE
You get a lot done everyday, it just seems like Mondays are your best day.
Got my new glasses yesterday!! I really like them.
Took the tree down today. It was very very dryt, but smeeled really good still
I get more done on Mondays, mostly because I have four fewer children that day. Also, all weekend they trash the place, so on Monday I'm more motivated to set it in order. Really, though, it's pretty trashed most of the time around here.
I get so antsy on Sundays because I hate not being able to do anything or go anywhere...not that I have anywhere to go...I just hate not being "allowed" to. So, yes, by Monday I'm ready to roll. It all dies down by Tuesday, darn it.
I use to get twitches all of the time when I had young children. It sounds like you have so much on your plate that you are not really sleeping well. I figured out i got them when I didn't get enough sleep. Not for 6 months though.
Sunday naps have a real purpose.
MOM Miskin
Post a Comment