You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The things I missed

My camera decided to slowly die throughout the month of July. First I thought it was the battery, but alas no, the whole case had opened and I would need to replace it with another one. Anyone who knows me knows I must research as nasuem. So I thought I needed an update of the pictures untaken of the past month or so.

Last week, Nate set up the tent and he and the kids camped out. I nabbed the tent from my parents house about a year ago. They have extras and so I relinquished the big one. It's lovely and purple and has four rooms. We were relieved that we put it up in the back yard for the first try. It wasn't that it was really difficult, we just are slow. Next time we put it up we will hopefully be in the woods somewhere and be faster.

The camera died after one picture of Jack's last baseball game. He loved playing this year and wants to practice pitching everyday until next year so he can be the pitcher.

I only got two pictures of the trip we took up to Oregon for my Grandfather's memorial service. Granted, I didn't have a lot of time to be taking pictures with the quickness of the trip and all the stuff we did while there, but a lot of family was there and together and I will have to see if my mom got any good shots I can snatch.

Again, the kids and I went to Oregon for a week at the end of July. I wanted to snap pictures of my mom's dogs being terrified of Isabella and Sophie. They didn't mind Jack, but little girls are very scary you know.

And then there is all the day to day stuff, Sophie has started standing a bit, Jack playing Star Wars in the front yard. All the pillow and blanket forts in the living room, and a baby quilt I made for my new niece.

But the good news is I finally bought a new camera, just a point and shoot for now, and Nate has been busy snapping pics of Bella and I on the soccer field and Jack's first day of third grade. I have just about finished reading the book that came along with the camera (I know, I am the only person that reads that book) and will be back into the photo posting again, rather than borrowing other peoples pictures.

No comments: