It has been an exciting week at our house. Nate had LASIK surgery and can now see! Don't you all think this is absolutely amazing! I keep looking at him and saying WOW! I mean, it's really like a miracle. How on earth did people figure out how to correct bad vision?!? Who exactly were their original guinea pigs. So many questions! I would have posted a picture of his actual eye surgery, but I think it would really gross everyone out. I did get to watch. Sophie and I sat and ate warm chocolate chip cookies while they cut a flap open on Nate's eye then shot it with a laser. The warm chocolate chip cookies were brought every ten minutes! Most of the people around us refused them-this was lucky as it left bunches for me and Soph. Though one lady had been there for about seven hours and said she had her fill earlier in the day.
All in a I watched about half a dozen surgeries. Most people seemed pretty nervous and quiet. I however couldn't wipe the grin off my face and felt so excited! Like I said before-miracle! Okay there is a bit of a downside, Nate has to sleep in these goofy goggles, I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. And he has to put in some drops that sting a little bit four times a day. But both those are temporary and the vision he now has will last quite a long time. Wow! What else can I say but Wow!


2 comments:
Yay! Miracle for sure. I want lasik one day. It would be so strange to be able to see my alarm clock at night or wake up & not have to fumble for my glasses!
CONGRATULATIONS Nate.....now you can really see how pretty your wife is :-)
..PREZZZZ
Post a Comment