The yard is slowly, so slowly, taking shape. We redid the front planter, it took Nate and I hours to dig up some aspens that were trying to become new trees near the sidewalk. One word of advice-don't plant aspens, you will spend most of your time getting rid of the upstarts they produce.
B and I are planting sunflowers this year, the kind with edible seeds. We are going to transplant them tonight or tomorrow. She is very pleased with them thus far. We are also going to plant some carrots and radishes. Those seem to go fast, so quick payoff with the harvest. Richard and Gini brought down some raspberry bushes a few weeks ago as well. I will be very pleased if we manage to actually produce something out of our garden this year.
Nate and I installed this new light fixture in our kitchen. There was a hideous fluorescent light there and I must say I have been very pleased with the new one thus far. Now to get rid of that ugly ceiling far... And we have plans to replace the counter tops in the kitchen, they are white and everything seems to stain them. Then we are planning on redoing the flooring on the main level. Also, we are putting a screen door in the front. I am currently in the process of scraping the trim to prepare for repainting, then we will put the door up.
A few weeks ago, Nate put up pulleys for the bikes in the garage. He broke a drill bit and bought a ladder in the process, but I love how easy they are to raise and lower and how much floor space is freed up. Hopefully we will keep up our pace and the house will be really different in a few months. It's been really nice to spend evenings out in the yard together and teaching the kids how to do yard work. Sophie sits in her exersaucer or hangs out in the sling and laughs while Bella and Jack run around. She is skeptical about being on the grass and doesn't like to touch the dirt.
In other news, Nate went to the eye doctor and is 20/15 in one eye and 20/20 in the other. Yay!


2 comments:
Love Isabella's face in this picture, she is so darn cute! The new light looks good, does it put out quite a bit of light?
I love that light fixture!!
Post a Comment