You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Busy October

It seems we have been busy every day this month. I forget how fall flies by with sports and school and the days getting shorter on top of that.  We have been filling our days with gymnastics, football, school, sewing, playing, and spending time with good friends.

Tessa had her four month check up at the beginning of the month-how did that happen?

  She weighs in at 14 pounds and is doing great.  Despite all of Nate and my efforts to keep her a newborn, she has grown out of that stage and is becoming interested in the world around her.  I have soaked up every moment of her babyhood thus far, leaving a much shabbier state of things around the house.

Sophie is the firework she always is, she is a mini-Jack in so many ways.  She wants to have fun all the time, she is always seeing what angle will work for her and going after that.  She has been such a trooper at all her siblings sporting events.  I did pack her a special backpack and get her a special chair to help with that, and it has worked.

She colors and reads and snacks and plays.  She also had a checkup and a few shots this month.  She is almost 40 inches tall and about 35 pounds.  Jack has been QB on his football team this season-follow progress of that at In The Zone.

  They have finished their regular season with a 6-1 record and are ready to head into the playoffs.  Bella is halfway through her first season of competition gymnastics.

She is doing really well and gaining such confidence in the process.  When she doesn't perform how she thinks she should, she comes off the floor and details what she will need to work on next time.  Excuse my commentary, I underestimate my loudness often.

Now we are getting all settled on Halloween Costumes and plans for the holidays.  It seems once you hit October, everything moves at lightening speed.  I am still sticking with the Want, Need, Wear, Read plan for the kids Christmas gifts, it has really simplified shopping over the past few years. I need to get started on that.

1 comment:

Grandma Goo said...

I live for these pictures! Tessa is so beautiful. Sophie is absoultly grogous! I love Bella's gymnastic video's and Jack the football player! All such a joy in my life! Love them all, GOO