I don't always make my birthday cake, but I really wanted to try and make an ice cream cake this year. I started with a spring form pan. I crushed some Oreos then mixed them with cream cheese to make a crust on the bottom of the pan and put the pan in the freezer. While the bottom layer was getting cold, I put some vanilla ice cream in my kitchen aid stand mixer and used the paddle to mix it until it was smooth and creamy. This made it easy to spread over the chilled Oreo crust. I put that into the freezer to chill and crushed some more Oreos. I mixed those Oreos with some chocolate syrup and spread it over the vanilla ice cream. While that layer was chilling in the freezer I mixed some huckleberry ice cream in the kitchen aid again, then spread it over the top of the Oreo/chocolate syrup layer. Then I topped that with some cool whip and caramel.
Then I let the whole thing freeze for a few hours. When I took it out of the freezer I ran a hot washcloth around the edge of the spring form pan, then released the edge and put the cake on a tray. I want to get some smaller pans to try different things now, mix in candy bars, different ice cream flavors, and toppings. Yum!
F Family
7 years ago


2 comments:
Looks so yummy! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Jill! Happy Birthday to you! Love mom
Happy Birthday Jill! Hope you had a great day.
Post a Comment