You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Baseball Season

We have just finished up Isabella's second baseball season.  Last year she did t-ball, and this year she played coach pitch.  She had a great time!  After watching Jack play, she is pretty particular about what positions she plays.  She tried to go from catcher, to pitcher, to first base, to short stop.  It's pretty funny that she has caught on to which positions get the most play, especially since she doesn't seem to really want to go after the ball.  We had fun watching her this year, though we melted during a few games. 

I have shockingly few pictures of Jack's baseball season.  A lot of his games were after 8, so I stayed home and put the girls to bed, and since Nate coached, we couldn't switch off going to games.  He played catcher and pitcher and second base this year, in the picture, he is catching.  His season had a lot of rain and cooler weather.  And I broke my camera at his last game.  I pulled it out of my pocket to stick in my purse and all sorts of dirt blew into the lens, it then made an awful noise and the shutter popped off.  I was very sad and had a hard time picking out something new.  Finally I settled on a Panasonic Lumix, which I like so far. 

Jack's team had a good year, at this age they get to play on the same team two years in a row, so some of the kids had played together before.  Nate coached for both years and that worked out really well for our schedule.  Jack has a lot of fun and is looking forward to next year. 

1 comment:

Grandma Goo said...

I sure wish I could have seen Bella play ball this summer. Such a bummer that you live so far away. They are all growing up so darn fast. The Goo