So, my watch has been trying to escape from me all year. I wear it everyday. I have worn it everyday since my 20th birthday really (gift from my mom). In the past year, the watch has fallen off frequently. At Youth Conference this summer, it came off while I was horse back riding, and I thought-well, that is the end, a horse will step on it and I will be so sad. But, one of the Young Women saw it fall, and though neither one of us could do anything at that moment, she helped me retrace steps and find it after the ride was over.(thanks Paisley!) It was fine, laying there on the ground. Other times I find it on the floor after I have been playing with the kids. Or at the bottom of my purse, must have come off while I was rummaging. I have had this watch for more than twelve years, I like it, I don't want to lose it.
Nate has had more watches than I can remember. When we first married I bought him a really nice watch, in a few months-gone. He told me he was always having to get new ones on his mission because they were constantly dying. I thought-yeah, cheap watches, so over the years I have bought him, and he has recieved as gifts, many watches. They all stop or disappear. The batteries die within a few weeks, the movements go bad, all sorts of weird things. He even seems to have an ill-effect on stopwatches. Needless to say, I do not buy him expensive watches any more.
When we were first married, I always interrupted Nate, not out of intentional rudeness. You see, he used to pause in the midst of his sentences because he wants to be clear and understood. I am always ready to get my word in, so as soon as he would pause, I would start talking. Now, I pause and he interrupts me. And my watch had tried to run away all year long. I am sure there are a list of traits we have adopted from one another. Moral of the story-I am blessed to have married someone whose qualities I love and wouldn't mind having myself. But I still love my watch and want to keep it.
F Family
7 years ago


1 comment:
There is something in our make up that ruins the mechanisms in watches. I have never been able to keep a watch on my arm without it stopping or getting messed up. I thought LCDs would be different but they are not. Sometimes I tried a necklace watch but didn't seem to work well. So, Nate has inherited something from me on that.
Post a Comment