You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Tis the Season...


...to be busy.  I decided to download pictures from the camera today to find I have taken only 7 since mid-November.  Sad.  And, my best picture from Thanksgiving, is this one:

So sorry Roger and Jack, you both look great in this shot.








Despite their apparent giddyness, Thanksgiving was really good.  Everyone brought something and we hung out and played games and talked all day long.  It was more relaxing for me than it has been in the past, and that was nice.

We went briefly shopping the day after Thanksgiving, but not first thing in the morning, and the crowds were not big.  Nate and I were sorely tempted to buy a giant TV at Wal-Mart.  They had TV's sitting up at the front of the store with really low prices.  It has been a long time since we looked, so we have no idea if they were good prices, and really we aren't impulse buyers, so maybe next year.  Then over the next few days I buckled down and finished all the Christmas shopping.  Finished.  What I couldn't find in stores, I ordered online.  Everything has arrived, yay!

However, I have a few birthdays in December I have yet to really take care of.  So technically only the Christmas shopping is done.



We have had some snow here this past week.  We have all had our turns shoveling and I can tell you, I am a bit sore.  Sunday morning I took a turn and the snow was really really wet, and I regretted even starting about halfway through.  It was wet and heavy, and it got warm enough to melt the snow into great lakes all down our street and at the the end of our driveway.  Then it gets cold, and we have big icy ponds.  The kids did play outside Saturday.  I was at the church putting together the gifts from the Relief Society, and when I came home they were making forts in the back yard.  Nate gave them my bread pans to make bricks for the forts, I was alarmed at first, but Bella brought them back in reasonably good condition.

Now we are just in the swing of holiday activities.  The kids are getting really excited for Christmas.  Sophie is a little confused about it all still, she seems to like Santa, but keeps telling people "Trick or Treat!"  I am sure in a few weeks it will all be clear to her.

3 comments:

Angie said...

i have yet to work up the motivation to shovel snow at any point in the season....so i'm very proud of you. :)

Brad and Hailey said...

Hahaha that is so cute that she says "trick or treat!"

M. Nelson said...

So what is your defintion of "reasonably good condition"?

Our first snowfall was a wet one too. Randal was gone. Ugh. At least it was a good workout. Probably the only one I'll get in a while.

I'm glad you're having a great holiday. I'm sad to miss girls' night Christmas party this year. Maybe the next one we'll be in town.