
Sophie had a birthday a while ago. Poor thing, doesn't get a post on her birthday. My excuse is that is was a very busy day. A very busy week in fact. Her grandma and great-grandma were visiting, so there was a lot of shopping and going out to eat. I got released from Young Womens. Bella had primary program practice. Jack had a football game. Nate and Jack needed a ride to the airport. Her grandma and great-grandma were visiting. Really, it was quite a busy time.

For weeks and weeks she asked for an Elmo Cake. She, like her sister before her, is a huge fan of Elmo and all things Sesame Street. Luckily for her, I already had an Elmo cake pan. She loved it, despite the hacking into Elmo moments after this picture was taken. She didn't get the whole blowing out the candles thing. I had to do it for her. Maybe next year.

She got everything a two year old could really want. However, in the picture above she is clutching her two favorite gifts, a pack of tic-tacs and a bag of marshmallows. I am going to just get her assorted mints for Christmas, really, she would be pleased as punch. After the tic-tacs and marshmallows were gone, she gained more interest in her other gifts. She carries the backpack around a lot and really tries to get money out of the Cinderella bank.

She tolerated her brothers football game pretty well. She told a lot of people it was Sophie's Happy Day. In fact, over a week later, she keeps telling people that. She's a busy kid lately, into everything and leaving a path of destruction like a whirlwind. She is really trying to assert herself and find out where her boundaries are. She talks a lot, most everything is understandable, but still some gibberish. She is finally starting to get a little taller and stretching out. She does not want me to do her hair under any circumstances. And I am not willing to risk cutting it yet. I can't believe how fast the past two years have gone!
4 comments:
Hey, Sophie, You are so cute. I hope you had a happy birthday. I love marshmellows too. I miss you so much.
I cannot believe the little lady is 2 already. She is sooo dang cute!!!!
She is so doggone adorable! Happy Birthday, Sophie!
What a cute cake! Sophie is adorable!
Post a Comment