You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Stale

On Sunday, Jack and I went to church while Nate stayed home with a stuffy coughing Bella and a sleepy Sophie. Sitting in sacrament meeting we were both noting how quiet it was without the little girls there and how we would have to pay attention better than usual. It came time for the sacrament and I took a piece of bread passed the tray to Jack then realized the bread was a bit off. Something in the texture made it hard chew and swallow.

I looked over and saw Jack thinking the same thing, he was giving me a 'where can I spit this out' kind of a look. I whispered to him to just swallow quickly and the water would be along in a moment.

In the mean time he asked me to give him a book to find a scripture in. I said to find something in Ezekiel. He turned to Ezekiel 3:2 and quietly read to me: "So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll." We both got the giggles and couldn't look at each other for a good five minutes.

2 comments:

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

okay thank you it wasn't just us who thought that bread was HORRIBLE.

Anonymous said...

The Baxter kids are known for their inability to be reverent in sacrament. We are always trying to stifle laughter. What a funny scripture!