You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sail.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Port-a-Potty


I completely forgot to mention the port-a-potty at Christmas. Above is a picture of it sitting in my mom's driveway. Yep-you read that right, in her driveway. You may ask-is her house under construction? No, no it's not. She suffers from one bathroom syndrome. An unfortunate condition of many homes built pre-1990. In years past this has been quite and issue. It seemed a potty training child was always pounding on the otherwise occupied water closet, unnerving the person inside. Regular adults don't seemed primed to always go to the bathroom with company. I myself am rarely alone in the bathroom, I think it was around 2001 the last time I didn't have to entertain someone, teach them to use the potty, or yell at them to leave me alone through the door.

This year my mom provided room and board for 10 people, and decided we must have an alternative to pounding on the door. Knowing complete home renovations take more than a few weeks, the rental of the port-a-potty was the chosen solution. Other possible solutions that lost out were pounding on the neighbors door, or teaching all boys what it means to be a true outdoorsman. All said and done, it was a hoot, of course all the little kids had to use it. Thankfully it was very very clean, and even had a heater inside. I sooo want to know what her neighbors thought! I guess the port-a-potty company failed to pick it up promptly, so they had it in the neighborhood for a few weeks. I must say, it did fit in nicely between the bushes. And it served it's purpose saving people from rather uncomfortable encounters.....

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Haha! That is fantastic!

Angie said...

that is hilarious! but such a smart idea.

Kim said...

Wow, your mom is very smart and creative. That made me laugh out loud!

Christine Hull said...

Jill this is hilarious! I love Jack in front of the portapotty. He is such a funny entertaining kid.

Grandma Goo said...

Great idea I had with having the porta potty! I never used it, but the kids did several times! I am sure it will be talked about for decades to come!