Sophie has been so smiley lately. She smiles at Nate whenever she sees him. She smiles when I aim the camera at her, which makes me think she may be an aspiring ham! She smiles at the kids when she sees them, and she smiles whenever she wakes up. It's so adorable, and most of the time her smile is too big for her face! It seems like we have entered a really busy time of year. At least there is more to do than I seem to have time for. Sometimes this is good, as it causes me to really prioritize what we should be doing this time of year and what we should be focusing on. I am trying to really set down and figure out how we are going to spend our time between now and Christmas with what we want to do and what we need to do.
Sophie has her two month check up tomorrow, and I must say I am not really looking forward to the shots. I can't believe she is already two months old and it seems she is growing so fast. When Jack was a baby it seemed to last such a long time, and Sophie's babyhood is already speeding by. She is really coming out of the newborn stage and becoming really aware of what is going on around her. She has started to pay attention to toys, mostly just to look at them, but she will bat and try to grab one every once in a while. She is also awake a lot more during the day.
Saturday we all went to the jewelers to get my stone tightened in my wedding ring and Nate bought me an anniversary ring. I really love it and am a bit surprised how tickled I am by how lovely and sparkly it is. We had been planning on getting one someday, it is so nice that someday has arrived! Bella loved looking in all the cases in the store and was enamoured by all the sparkly things. After the jewelers we went to the mall and did some shopping and went to Cold Stone-yumyum!

Last night we went with the Glovers downtown to Temple Square to see all the lights and such. We have done this every year for the past several years and the kids all have a ball. Well, after we planned for the night we realized the First Presidency Christmas Devotional was going on, so there would be a lot of people and a lot of traffic. We decided we would just get there right after the devotional started and leave just before it ended. Logistically, it seemed easiest to have Nate and Jeff drop us all off next to the temple, have them park the cars and come meet us in the visitor center. That way, we wouldn't have to walk with all the kids as far in the cold. Shelly and I and the kids waited and waited in the visitor center for quite a while. Jeff showed up and said the nearest parking was miles away, and for us to take the kids through and meet up with them on the other side, and to be quick about it because the devotional was going to end in a few minutes. So we hurried across and they picked us up. We had not factored in that we wouldn't be able to find any parking, they have knocked down the two downtown malls and their parking structures, and with the Christmas devotional, everything else was really full. So this will be the year they just played chauffeur while Shelly and I rushed the kids through. Nate and I laughed about it all the way back to their house. We then had cocoa and cinnamon rolls and the kids exchanged gifts. It was really a fun night despite the parking.


1 comment:
i can't believe your baby is already two months. that is crazy. she is so adorable.
Post a Comment